Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Mobile Weapon Developer Diary #38

The following aspects are still W.I.P. for MW Episode 1.

These are of high priority and need to be finished before intensive play-testing takes place:

1) Tutorial Mission at the start
- We're done with it.

2) Weapons vendor at Aceros Terminus
- Done

3) Boss in Lazlo Mines
- Done

4) One more additional MAW
- Definitely Done

5) Visual effects and graphics of Super Skills
- 1 per character for a total of 3
- We've finished one


These are to be done together with intensive play-testing:

1) In-game balancing
- Done, but we're still going over it again

2) Debugging
- Multi-hits bug resolved by removal of interval.
- This is constantly going on

3) Enhancing certain monsters

4) Creation of new weapons
- Done


These are of relatively high priority and can be done during any phase:

1) In-game sound effects
- Sicshot added Menu sound-FX
- All hero and enemy attack sounds also added

2) Fixing any bugs in the Save System

3) In-game music
- In the process

4) Ending screen and endgame credits

5) More weapon visual effects
- Done

6) Possibly a quest status/log screen
- Working on it now


These are of lower priority and can be done during any phase:

1) User interface for MAW painter
- Done

2) Area name displays
- Done

3) Level restriction warning
- Do we have a cap warning (if you play past level 20 the additional XP won't be carried over to Episode 2?) or just have exponential rise in XP requirement beyond recommended level? Both?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... is MAW 1 full coming out soon? >.<

Anonymous said...

I swear this is the best game on the internet. I don't need the full version all at once, but could we please get a couple of little updates to taste what's to come?

Anonymous said...

haha thats rude

Cervantes de Leonard said...

Official release date is now NOV 10th, Friday.

We can't really release an update for the BETA because we've code in most of the stuff for full version but animations, sounds and images are still missing. So it will look really weird if we released it now.

Cervantes de Leonard said...

Next week is my school term break. Hopefully I can get some of the animations done then.

Anonymous said...

So, I take it you guys are like... College students?

Cervantes de Leonard said...

Her Highness, BDB, MARVELGIRL and myself are college students. So it's tricky for us to balance school work and working on the game.

TY, (Sic)shot are working full time on MW because they just graduated.

Matrix, works on the game part time after work.

Anonymous said...

i want to know, there is a multi player option, and of course an "event" area, are you planning on releasing the MOBILE WEAPON MMORPG anytime soon? because several aspects of the game resemble mmorpgs.

Anonymous said...

great! its releasing 3 days before my birthdAY!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh. Gaming and highshool. I know alot of people who had to abandon gaming to make room for college. That must be pretty hard

Anonymous said...

Hey, Slashaar here, I havn't been on the forums for a long time because I've been working on my own video game. It's posted at www.freewebs.com/slashaar/
It's a downloadable demo that may need a few bugs fixed but overall it's awesome.
Now Ty don't think of me as competition, but as a friend. I'd like to dedicate my work to your team since you gave me the idea to make a game.

P.S. Don't forget to download the rtp or else you'll get an error.

Anonymous said...

Hey Slashar,Rtp?BY the way,very good







-Amp

(Sic)shot said...

Ahh.. the good ol' days of RPG Maker. I have never tried the XP version, but it was certainly a lot of fun creating games using the previous versions. Too bad I never got around to completing a project. Really wanted to continue with that Resident Evil one I was making halfway. If only my hard disk didn't die on me...