Sunday, July 08, 2007

Mobile Weapon 1st Anniversary

Mobile Weapon was launched on 7th of July 2006.

One year later, what better way to commemorate the first anniversary of Mobile Weapon than with our user counter going over 3 Meeeliiooonn.... exactly 365 days after the game was first launched (it was still less than 3mil on 6 July). Dat's right, more than 3,000,000 people (or unique computers) now know that Mobile Weapon is more than just a term for the ordinary tanks in Gundam.

To celebrate MW's birthday, here are some updates:

a) MW2 Progress - It's NOT 50% done. It's not 10% done. It's still in the ??? phase because it's going to take a long time to do it. I promised 3 times the length of the first game + console (PS2) game quality so it will take some time (meaning a LONG time).

I will say this though the graphics are SOooo much better than MW1 that it will blow your mind when you see them (I showed my fren Desmond and it blew his mind). You'll look at the "beyond god-like" 3D graphics and say: "Yes, this truely deserves to be on a console, I will pay for the full version of this game." Hehe.

Bad news is: I'm not going to show you guys anything because we still have to work out the details with our animation company. The good news is: you may be able to get a glimpse of some those gorgeous graphics in...

b) Mobile Weapon Assault 2 - We're making a commercial title out of the side-scrolling MW game. MWA2 will feature new characters, a seperate storyline, different areas, a much improved game system and of course, improved 3D MAWs.
Update 29/7 - This project has been put on hold

c) Mobile Weapon: Online - Honestly I wasn't expecting us to do this till next year but we will likely be getting some funding to do this pretty soon. We'll be using a simple turn based strategy system for MW:Online.

You guys will finally be able to beat each other up in MAWs instead of having flame wars in the forum!


Stay tuned for more MW updates!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeehaw! 3000000 Visitors and i´m 1 of them!
*starts singing happy birthday*
(And maybe one of 50 who have beaten serra.)

rios

Anonymous said...

*Starts drooling*

I am stoked.

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess it could be worse. How long do you mean exactly?


yuyuyu

Cervantes de Leonard said...

I cannot give you guys even a rough estimate at this point, otherwise I'll have to deal with the hassle of explaining why we're delayed, etc.

Look forward to MW:Online and MWA2 instead. I want MW:Online out by end of this year at least. In time for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

WHOOO! YEA!
How much will it cost to buy M.A.W 2?
I understand it not even 10% done but about how much? Like $5?(Probably not) or up there like $25-$45? Just wondering. Anyway can't wait to see how it turns out! :)

YU 337,

Anonymous said...

You know, the last time I was waiting for a game with console graphics to come out, I waited for a year or more and it's still not out. I looked a few days ago and I think they canceled it. They didn't say anything so I'm not sure.

Vsin said...

Hmmm...I hope to see these "console quality" graphics sometime soon. I just sure hope you don't mean Super Nintendo quality!

Happy Birthday MW! And take that you overzealous Gundam fans!

~Vnew

P.S.
Who is this victor guy in the chat box. I sure hope he didnt hack my account >_>

Cervantes de Leonard said...

MW2 will probably be $24.95 - $29.95 (with a discount for people who bought MW1).

We're still a wholly owned company so MW2 won't be canceled and for that matter neither will MW3 - MW5. Unless we get acquired by a larger company then things might change.

As mentioned before, console quality meaning like PS2 quality. (Meaning as good as games from Gust but with pre-rendered3D graphics, and fully 3D FMVs).

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday [=

Anonymous said...

You guys are just trying to test my endurance. (>_<)

Best of luck to TYLER to make a game before we flee the forum!


(PS: ...hey! what about MW:0's anniversary?!?!?)

Cervantes de Leonard said...

Yes, getting a new MW game out before you guys flee the forum is one of our top priorities.

I can't remember when MW:Zero was released. TY should know.

Anonymous said...

Hey its me Victor Ho from the chatbox Happy BirthDau for the games that TY made so lets Have 3 Cheers for TY Hip Hip Hooray Hey other victor u probaly stink or win Kill Kenny