Tuesday, August 28, 2007

If you love MW ...you love Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann!

We don't normally do Anime reviews on this website but I've been watching this one recently and I think Mobile Weapon fans are really going to like this one.

The Japanese title roughly translates into "Break through the Heavens, Gurren Lagann!". It's not your run of the mill mecha Anime and the show is a great mix of comedy and over the top action. Definitely one of the best series I have seen so far this year.



I strongly recommend checking this one out. You guys may also want to check out the Wikipedia entry for more details!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find the mecha design to be a little eccentric, save for Gurrenlagann and other mecha sporting heads. It sort of adds an almost comedic air to everything, which is both good and bad.

Anonymous said...

This is one of the best mech animes out there. Great storyline, really funny, and sometimes very sad.

I've been watching this for a month, being careful not to finish the anime too quickly XD

Cervantes de Leonard said...

I really liked the idea of the mechs being powered by "fighting spirit".

I wonder if it would be too blatant if we introduced that concept in MW2.

Your MAWs power up based on the fighting spirit of your characters. It's not too different from the limit break charging in FF7 or the rage meter in Samurai showdown.

Anonymous said...

We already have the regular overdrive system, right?

You're suggesting that we add a second overdrive function, a more powerful one.

Anonymous said...

I have just started watching it, and I must admit, it is indeed good. The end of episode 4 was both hilarious and epic (I won't spoil you here), and the transition between the two was perfect.

Episode 8 (Again, I won't spoil you here) had a great shock for me, coupled with the over-the-top action Cervantes mentioned. I am currently awaiting Episode 23.

Anonymous said...

I'm currently waiting for the series to be completed so that i can download the entire pack at the same time. Reason? I caught on to this anime a tad bit too late, and I absoulutly loathe to flood my bitorrent program with a carpload of torrents, so yeah.