Thursday, August 24, 2006

Mobile Weapon BETA v0.46+ FAQ

Hi Guys,

Looks like the old FAQ post has been shifted off the blog into achives; here's a new post for you guys to post your issues with the latest build of the game.

Here's the changelog so far (changes since v0.43):

1) Ron's Macrogen quest completed
2) Added new recruitable party member: Calisto
3) New areas: Iron jungle + Acero Terminus + Costa De Acero
4) Able to paint all party members' MAWs
5) New monsters (monster may be reallocated so we won't give details)
6) Added Malc's store to Azure Cove
7) Random townsfolk in Acero Terminus (see if you can spot some of our forum contributors there!)

System Requirements:
Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP, XP SP2
Pentium III 700MHz or faster processor
128 MB RAM
Hard drive space: 14 MB available disk space


Known Bugs:
- None

How many people are playing:






F.A.Q.:

Q0) Where can I play the game?
A: You can play the latest BETA version at http://www.mobileweapon.net/files/mw1/

Q1) How come I can't save my game?
A: You can only save in safe areas (like town) or in boss areas.

Q2) What are Reflex, Accuracy and Technique for?
A: Reflex affects your evasion rate and is needed for more powerful melee weapons.
Accuracy affects your hit rate and is needed for more powerful light ranged weapons.
Technique adds a small bit of damage to all your attacks and is needed for more powerful heavy / special weapons.

Q3) The grass is blocking me.
A: Press spacebar to cut the grass. You might find some treasure hidden in the grass.

Q4) Whenever I save a window pops up asking something about www.theagoraedge.com requesting permission to store information on my computer.
A: That's a browser/flash protection thing. www.theagoraedge.com is one of the official servers we are hosting our game on. If you don't allow storing, your local game will not be saved. Additionally, if you set the allowed size less than the recommended 1MB, your saves will be corrupted.

Q5) After I completed the Plasma rock quest and took the Macro-thingy ma--jig to Calisto... I returned to Uncle Ron and he asks, "Ready for that delivery job?" Then a window will appear at bottom of the screen as if a response will be given by the Main Character. However the conversation is ends without any type of Quest Update.
A: Sorry Guys, this isn't a bug. It's just where the BETA ends. On hind sight we should probably have put a notice but since the full version will be out soon we're not making changes to the BETA. The Full version should be released on 10th November 2006 while the "Augmented" version should be out on 15th December.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been able to get any answer from the forum so here it goes: Anytime I try to load my game now it shows three saves (all of which i did not make) from the exact same date and time (aug 28 3:12 a.m.). When I load that it puts me on a blank island scene. If I try to move it says combat and something like a drill fiend and 2 phase bats appear, but it won't let anything happen after that. I clicked on menu once after it loaded me and it said the Maw was "robot's name here" level 99 but had no stat points or items. I was level 20's with all my maws and had pretty much everything you could get. Could you please help me.

TheReviewer said...

Hmm.. this is due to:
1. The save data was not saved fully.
2. The data was not fully loaded.
1 and 2 could be caused by network interruptions.

Please email your userid to contact@mobileweapon.net so that we can take a look at the save data to see if it is corrupted.

Anonymous said...

i sent it to you ty, any news for me? did you get my user name? p.s. this is a constant thing, for almost a week now, so i have tried various times.

Anonymous said...

i just started the game and im doing pretty good. i need more energy and i dont know how. how do i get more?

Anonymous said...

i have 2 questions:
1.why in combat the computer is automatcly choosing for me the weakest enemy for the attack (meny time i am attacking a dying enemy)
2. why when i have 2 auto fixing cheeps they dont give more hp when i use them?
thenks
p.s greet game :+)

Anonymous said...

there is a bug:
same time when you kill an enemy he stay at the battlefield - even if he dont attack you may keep westing turns attacking him
just so you know :)
have fun all

Anonymous said...

Bug:
The main char can't wear a iron hammer even if he/she already have 10 ref.

Anonymous said...

After I have completed the Plasma rock quest and taken the Macro-thingy ma--jig to Calisto... I return to Uncle Ron and he asks, "Ready for that delivery job?" Then all of a sudden at the bottom of the screen a window will apear as if a response will be given from the Main Character. However it immediatly glitches and the conversation is ended without any type of Quest Update. Can this glitch PLEASE be fixed~! Just really got into the game and would love to complete it asap!! Thanks for your support!

Anonymous said...

how do i get a polyboard?

Rienei said...

My luna maw cannot be equiped with that power fist although its reflex is already 30!

Plus, ron asked fro tt dilivery job and it all stopped lky theres a bug or smth!

Anonymous said...

Ok still no response about my issue with but still looking for one as I would like to finish this game:

"After I have completed the Plasma rock quest and taken the Macro-thingy ma--jig to Calisto... I return to Uncle Ron and he asks, "Ready for that delivery job?" Then all of a sudden at the bottom of the screen a window will apear as if a response will be given from the Main Character. However it immediatly glitches and the conversation is ended without any type of Quest Update. Can this glitch PLEASE be fixed~! Just really got into the game and would love to complete it asap!! Thanks for your support!"


In referance to this question:

"My luna maw cannot be equiped with that power fist although its reflex is already 30!"

Make sure that you not counting the pieces of equipment bonus'. You actually have to have a BASE Reflex of 30... equipment attribute additions do NOT count.

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem:

"After I have completed the Plasma rock quest and taken the Macro-thingy ma--jig to Calisto... I return to Uncle Ron and he asks, "Ready for that delivery job?" Then all of a sudden at the bottom of the screen a window will apear as if a response will be given from the Main Character. However it immediatly glitches and the conversation is ended without any type of Quest Update."

By the way, I have found a hidden way in Iron Jungle to some kind of village with a round big dude in the end (near the chest) + defeat him 2 times. Got a cotton shirt & that is all... The situation with Ron is the same.

Is it bug or there is some kind of moves I have to do?

Please help me.

Thanks.