Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mobile Weapon Updates and Objectives

Hi guys,

We've got a demo to Starhub coming up soon although the date has not been fixed yet (week after is a safe assumption, I can't stall for too long). Based on the last demo we did the game needs to be more refined since we'll be facing a tougher audience this time round.

I've got to be outta here in 25 minutes so I can just set some rough objectives we need to achieve before next week.

- Theme Consistancy. Sorry I haven't been able to pin this down precisely for you guys, I promise to work with Ron, TY and DZ more closely on this. But I think the general conclusion from Friday's meeting was more cute, more color and more appeal for girls.

- Add more color to the deck of the airship.

- Female Bot , please try to get her done ASAP, sorry for the rush but it's necessary.

- Animate the pilot's portrait in the controls interface, we need more moving parts to add to cheap thrill factor. Use the new 3D models.

- Explore if the combo-critical system I suggested will be feasible.

- Explore how "SUPER" / "OVERDRIVE" (call it what you will) can enhance the gameplay. Quite a number of our competitors games have a limited or charged super power to add some strategy element.

- Balance the game number range. Find an acceptable range for the HP, damage, etc values. Remember we are only at the beginner phase, wouldn't want damage numbers to reach a few million when we hit the S class series.

By the way, I'm doing up the clothing shop so PLEASE DON'T double job. you guys might also want to leave the garage (MAW parts shop) system revamp for me to do for the sake of consistancy. Read this blog for updates and post your own updates when done. Thanks!

Copyright TYLER Projects 2006

We can all take a few days off and nice holiday when this is over, but for now I really can't stress how important it is to get our demo and launch right better than expectations. Thanks for the hardwork in advance guys.

Well, at least you guys can go on that holiday before me. :-(

Will be missing you guys. See you on Saturday. RAWR!


Cheers,
Leonard

No comments: