Saturday, December 23, 2006

Greetings from Fog City

Hi Guys,

Greeting from Fog City, San Francisco. I just touched down about 24 hours ago. Managed to hand over the 90% done intro screen with credits to TY before I left.

First meal here was a really BIG breakfast this morning at Sears fine food(not the department store) on Powell Street off Union Square. The hashbrown was 4 times bigger than the ones we get in Singapore. Breakfast was expensive but then again it's the really nice and nostalgic atmosphere of the place that you're paying for.

I skipped lunch walking about the Pier.

Dinner was at the very nice Fog City Diner. Pricy again but then again I always like to have a good steak for my first dinner in a US city, and it was good.
As for desert:
"It's called the 'Sky High' Lemon Meringue pie.
When you see it you'll know why."


There was a minor tremor just now. Other than that not much else to talk about until after I meet with the VC and the results of the Nokia web2mobile competition. Hope we get into the finals then I have an excuse to fly to LA end of January.

I don't suppose anyone reading this knows a good place where I can get some DVDs in this town?

5 comments:

Sadie said...

maybe a best buy*?

*best buy is a tech retail store that has facilities all over the US

btw, do you live in europe?


gabrielmcgeee

Cervantes de Leonard said...

Thanks for the tip Gabriel.

Actually I live in Singapore, South East Asia (so I'm pretty far from home right now).We don't have Best Buy in Singapore, instead we have lots of small CD/DVD shops.

I found the Best Buy on the map, 1717 Harrison Street, that's like a quarter of the way across town from where I'm staying. I'll consider going there, if not I'll just go to Virgin records on Market Street.

Anonymous said...

Hehe... Wait till you go to New York to talk about expensive.

Anonymous said...

If you want DVDs, go to Blockbuster. The Blockbuster by Ocean Street sucks more than you think, while the one in Stonestown rocks. The cables cars are getting more expensive, at FIVE bucks per person.

At Blockbuster, you buy NEW cds. Please be aware at that.

Good places to by DVDs are.... well it depends what you are looking for. If you looking for empty DVDs that has free space, go to Office Depot or Office Max. For actual DVDs with movies, they have great deals in Circuit City and Best Buy.

Best Buy is at 1750(or 1700) Harrison St. Office Max is right next to Best Buy.

Office Depot is at 15 3rd Street(close or equal to that).

Circuit City is at Van Ness and Post. Just go to Muni route 49. It goes to Van Ness and Post street.

Cervantes de Leonard said...

I'll probably go over to NY someday to visit my brother.

Thanks for the info, thlump. I'll check out Blockbuster and Best Buy. The guys gave me a long list of DVD movies they want me to bring back to Singapore.

I agree 5 bucks for a ride on the cable car is quite crazy. The streetcar is more reasonable. I'll probably get the 3 day Muni pass when I get back to SF from Napa.

I have to say that the public transport in SF is more interesting and enjoyable than Singapore :-P